They’re coming a little late this month, as last weekend (when I normally put them together) was a busy one for me. But don’t let that stop you from enjoying the most popular and interesting posts during the month of August.
But, to this month’s articles. As always, these are a combination of the most popular and our favorites!
- Danish gymnastics or yoga? The answer isn’t quite as obvious as it seems. I reviewed an explosively interesting book on yoga’s history and origins (and it’s not the book that Al Mohler reviewed last year!).
- Yoga, sex, and the Pope? I had one of the lead articles in Christianity Today last month. And I tried to make the most of it. Don’t miss the epilogue, either.
- Cate offered some lovely reflections on literature.
- Cowboys, aliens, and entertainment. Cate explored the limits of watching bad films.
- Marriage, the medium, and Friday Night Lights: Why is marriage better in the best show on television?
- What it means to wake in a dark wood.
- What does it look like to truthfully represent the body in art?
- Does curiosity make the blog (and the blogger)? I responded to Trevin Wax.