We’ve had one of our best years ever here at Mere-O. Here are the top 10 posts we wrote this year, as measured by pageviews.
2) Hipsters, Bohemians, and Jamie Smith: Brett McCracken wrote a book. Jamie Smith reviewed it. I responded. Follow that?
3) Why Jennifer Knapp Matters: Cate’s thoughtful reflections on Jennifer Knapp’s big announcement was one of the most talked-about pieces this year.
4) The Objectification of Jennifer Knapp: My basic point is that it seemed like Jennifer Knapp didn’t want to be an object lesson, so Christians shouldn’t turn her into one.
5) A New Book by…Me: The title has since changed and it’s available for preorder. Which is really all you need to know.
6) The Hipster Christian Controversy: I talked with Brett McCracken about his book and the subsequent controversy it sparked.
8) An Interview with Craig Carter: Andrew and Dr. Carter talk theology and politics.
9) Susan Sontag on Beauty and Gender: Jeremy Mann offered some thoughts on the superficiality of beauty. This is a “must read.”
10) Expecting to Change the World: I got invited to the American Enterprise Institute in June to respond to James Davison Hunter. This is what I said.
Thanks for reading in 2010. And here’s to an even more productive and thoughtful 2011.