Let’s get straight to the awesome:
Until THIS FRIDAY, anyone who has bought a copy of The End of Our Exploring: A Book about Questioning and the Confidence of Faith can give an electronic copy away to the friend, pastor, or enemy of their choice.
That’s right: Buy one, give one.
How excited about this am I? Very. When I proposed the idea to Moody, I was pretty sure they’d laugh at me. Who gives books away, especially in the second week of distribution?
But they didn’t. Instead, epic-publicist-Natalie has been working tirelessly behind the scenes to make it happen. I am unbelievably grateful for their willingness to try new things, and more importantly, for their commitment to people reading the book.
See, that’s the thing that matters even more than sales: I like to think that if people will take up this book and read it, they’ll find something useful about doubt and faith and inquiry and the world God has placed us in. I could be talked pretty easily into giving the book away entirely, in fact. But Moody has invested a lot in me and this project, and they all need to keep their jobs and then some. And they’re risking a lot by this sort of project, so I’m hoping it all pays off.
Here’s the process, then:
- Email a copy of your receipt of purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include the email address and the name of the person you are giving an electronic copy to.
- Moody will follow up with that person to find out what platform they want their copy in: Kindle, Nook, Google Play, PDF, and so on.
- Send that person a note to let them know how awesome you are that you got them free stuff and so they aren’t creeped out by Moody’s email (not mandatory, but why not?).
- Tell all your friends on Twitter and Facebook and everywhere else about the deal, or just buy more copies of the book and repeat the process (again, not mandatory, but with a deal like this how could you not?)
- Anyone who has already bought a copy of the book can participate.
This is going to be a lot of fun.