A few things learned and remembered in Phoenix:
1) Tom Ward is smart. Ridiculously smart. No one in the room (8 people) came close to understanding his paper. I might be able to get it with a hard copy, but even then…..
2) I’m going to have to live up with a mispronounced college name the rest of my life. A direct quote from the lady who introduced Tom: “Thomas Ward has a Bachelor’s degree from Bee-ola University.”
3) Pizookie is really, really rich. If you have never had the rich, chocolate-chippity goodness (either from BJ’s or, if in Phoenix, Oregano’s) I highly recommend it.
4) Connecting with good friends after a long absence is really, really refreshing.
5) Connecting with good friends after a long absence is really, really difficult when you can’t talk or breathe very well.