A gracious donor has given a $40,000 matching grant to my friends over at Wheatstone Academy. Every dollar that comes into December magically turns into two, up to $40,000. For a small non-profit, $80K helps keeps the lights on for a long time.
If you’re not familiar with Wheatstone, they are revolutionizing education for Christian high schoolers on the west coast. Their bread and butter is a summer conference that is unique in the high school world, and I have recently started writing high school curriculum for them to embed into Christian high schools.*
I know you’re stretched. I get it. There’s lots of good ministries to give to this time of year. But this is a real chance for a small ministry to gain the critical resources they need to expand. I completely believe in their leadership and their vision and am excited to see their ministry expand.
So excited that I’m going to give books away.
If you give money of ANY AMOUNT, you can put a comment here or send me an email (matthew dot l dot anderson at gmail) and you will be entered to win. I don’t care how much. We can nickle-and-dime them to $40K if we have to. I just want to see ’em make it.
Here’s what I’m giving away:
(1) A book packet including:
- Defending Constantine, by Peter Leithart–more on it later, but you’ll want to read it. Trust me.
- A Place for Truth (smart essays by really smart people, and definitely worth your time)
- Francis Schaeffer: An Authentic Life, by Colin Duriez
- Between Allah and Jesus, by Peter Kreeft
- Against All Gods by our friends John Mark Reynolds and Phillip Johnson
- Intelligent Design Uncensored by Jonathan Witt and William Dembski
- One New Man, on the cross and racial reconciliation by Jarvis Williams and Tom Schreiner
(2) One of five copies of Proud to be Right, a volume of essays that I am honored to have a chapter in.
If you are a sponsor and want to add to the pile, send me a note and we’ll work something out.
I hope you’ll consider giving to Wheatstone this Christmas season. They are the leading edge of youth ministry and your money will be used well.
*That’s my financial disclosure. I’m not on payroll now, though.