This week, Derek and Alastair chat with Mark Jones. The discussion topic? Submission in the Trinity.
You may have guessed that this is the sort of show that comes with homework. You’re more or less right. Here are some background articles worth reading:
- Is it New? Yes. Is it Orthodox? No. – Scot McKnight explains the beginning of the recent dustup on the issue.
- The Battle Rumbles Along: The Trinity of Complementarians – Scot McKnight continues the archival work [With a special appearance in the comments by Alastair]
- Why did the Son become incarnate? Because he submitted? – Mark Jones
- God’s Will And Eternal Submission, Part One – Mark Jones
- The Eternal Subordination of the Son, Social Trinitarianism, and Ectypal Theology – Alastair Roberts
- The Trinity in Gender Debates – Fred Sanders
If you enjoyed the show (AND ONLY IF), leave us a review at iTunes. If you didn’t enjoy the show, let us know and we’ll work to make it better. Or we’ll ignore you. And if you want to subscribe by RSS, you can do that here.
If you’re interested in supporting the show (you know, with money), you can check out our Patreon here.