A recent study “proved” that the children of lesbians are just as happy and have fewer behavioral issues than the children of heterosexual couples. Check out this link in case you’re wondering
Here’s a few things to keep in mind as you read (these are taken from Dr. Jennifer Roback-Morse’s Lecture on “Beyond Contracts; Marriage and Sustainable Markets):
– The study was not random. Specific woman volunteered to be part of the study
– Only 78 children were interviewed for the study
– The study of the child’s well-being and behavioral issues was based on the mother’s report of the child’s functioning with no independent verification that what she said was true.
Here are a few assumptions made in the study:
– The study assumes that women are better parents than men. Therefore fathers are unnecessary.
– The study hints that the problems that do exist for children of lesbian couples are caused by society’s aversion to gay-marriage.
– The study assumes that the means for having a child through artificial reproductive technology is better than through sex because the child will always be wanted and therefore better cared for in the latter case.