We don’t often post on the Lord’s Day here, but we’re making an exception: Today marks 52 years since the death of CS Lewis, one of the two men whose work inspired the naming of this site. It’s no surprise, then, that we have had a fair bit to say about Lewis over the years here at Mere O. Here are a few of our best pieces on the old dinosaur of Oxford.
- CS Lewis and the Church Part 1: A review by Dr. Thomas Ward
- CS Lewis and the Church Part 2: A review by Dr. Thomas Ward
- “You Don’t Have a Soul”: CS Lewis Never Said It: by Hannah Peckham (Incidentally, this is the all-time traffic king at Mere O.)
- In Defense of CS Lewis’s Literary Imagination: This bit from Matt is short, but it’s a nice brief response to a quite tedious piece contrasting CSL and Tolkien.
- Things I’ve Learned from CS Lewis: by Brett McCracken
- The Invisible Anglicanism of CS Lewis: This is a thing I wrote several years ago that I may be bringing up again soon in connection to Brad Littlejohn’s new book.